Black mold, a common household pest, is a toxic and potentially dangerous fungus. Because it is often hard to distinguish between regular mold and black mold, it is best to treat all mold growth as a threat. Further, it is important to understand the warning signs and symptoms of black mold, both on your home and on your health.

Black mold is one of the toxic forms of mold, which have the potential to have serious health risks on the human kind. Though seemingly harmless like ordinary mold, this mold has the capacity to damage your respiratory system. This type of mold is greenish black in color and can be found in different places around your household. Usually, the spores of mold are a basic component of the dust particles, which pose no serious threat because of their smaller quantities. However, when this spore quantity is oddly high, it has serious repercussions.

Damp and moist places are ideal for black mold growth; that is why it is usually found in bathrooms, ceilings and kitchen, where there is more moisture. Toxic mold is not always greenish black as usually the infected ceilings have yellowish spots on them. In certain cases, it grows in invisible places such as inside of water pipes, which is even more difficult to treat.

Black mold is responsible for a number of health hazards. It can cause more than 100 conditions of lungs and respiratory tract. The most common problems associated with mold exposure are eye irritation, skin irritation, nasal stuffiness and headaches, whereas more serious problems are fever, persistent cough, running nose, nose bleeds, burning sensation of the mouth, cold and flu, fatigue, asthma, bronchitis and urinary tract infections etc.

It can also cause allergies and weaken the immune system. The most risky problem associated with black mold is bleeding of the respiratory system, which can even cause death in infants. However, that is usually in extreme cases where there are high volumes of the fungus present. Normally, the most common problems are associated with the respiratory system. Toxic mold is harmful for everyone but infants, elderly, pregnant women and patients are at critical threat.

The issue is that most of the people do not get to the root cause of these health problems. They might get medical treatment but after some time, they will experience the same symptoms, and the cycle continues. This is because people are not aware of the health repercussions of this fungus. They consider it as harmless. Sometimes even if the mold is detected, it is considered as a usual fungal growth, posing no serious threats. So, it is very important to detect and cure this lethal fungus.

Have Questions?
We’ll Reply Quickly.

  • Please use this form for general information purposes only. DO NOT send personal health information through this form. Specific patient care must be addressed during your appointment.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Us Text Us
Skip to content