Black mold and mildew is a problem in every house. They grow on practically anything and spread at an alarming rate. There are many different types and all of them produce deadly toxins, known as mycotoxins. The severity of these toxins varies from mold to mold. Some molds grow on organic matters while others on damp walls and floors.
Indoor mold growth can adversely affect your health. Among various types of mold, black mold is widely found inside and outside homes. Once they start growing indoors, they can actually invade the entire house. These creatures are greenish black in color and prefer to grow on objects and material that have high cellulose content. You can also find them on building materials that contain cellulose and nitrogen.
Humidity is the main factor that helps in the growth of toxic mold. When a particular object or substance holds moisture for long, black mold grows on it rapidly. 104 degrees temperature is an ideal temperature for growth.
Inspecting and identifying black mold can, at times, be a tough task. It is difficult to locate the exact area where mold growth is taking place. They usually hide in small corners, cracks and dark areas. You will have to conduct a thorough research in order to find the exact area and location of growth. Then, you will have to carry out mold test that would identify what type of mold has infected your house.
Black mold produces toxins, which are the byproducts of metabolism. Excessive exposure to these toxins can severely affect human’s health in many different ways. They can cause irritation of eyes and throat, diarrhea, cancer, headache, memory loss, dermatitis and flu. In extreme cases, a person may die due to persistent exposure to mold toxins.
They can also paralyze men’s sperm and can even result in bleeding in lungs. It is also believed that mold can destroy the tissues of nervous system and especially affects the health of children and pets. People who have inhaled too much mold toxins find it difficult to concentrate on their work. Hence, it is very important that people keep the house clean and free from black mold in order to avoid health problems.